- Award-Nominated Learning Platform
- Interest Free Payment Plans
- Ofqual Regulated
- Unlimited Free Career Support
Become a Sports Nutritionist
Developed by OriGym’s in-house nutrition experts, the Level 5 Advanced Sports Nutrition qualification will expand your existing knowledge of how diet and nutrition contribute to health and weight management. This includes how to write specialist nutrition plans to help clients reach specific exercise and sporting goals.
The course is based entirely online, allowing you to work at your own pace and qualify in as little as 12 weeks. Our accredited qualification allows you to start practising as a nutritionist, working with both athletes and members of the general public to earn one of top salaries within the fitness industry.
12 Weeks (Average)
Make an enquiry about this course
The Expert Trainer Package
- Level 4 Exercise Referral
- Level 5 Certificate in Diabetes Control & Weight Management
- Level 5 Certificate in Obesity Control & Weight Management
- Level 5 Nutrition in Weight Management & Athletic Performance
- Individual RRP:
- Medicine Ball Training CPD
- Suspension Training CPD
- Bodyweight Training CPD
- Advanced Training Systems CPD
- Advanced Training Systems CPD
- Business & Marketing CPD
- Individual RRP:
The Specialist Personal Trainer Package
- Level 3 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Level 4 Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 5 Certificate in Obesity Control and Weight Management
- 10 CPDs
- Individual RRP:
Free Gift! Your Choice of one of the following:
Level 5 Nutrition Diploma (RRP €1199)
Level 5 Obesity course (RRP €799)
Level 5 Diabetes course (RRP €799)
- Individual RRP:
OriGym’s Level 5 Advanced Nutrition course can expand your existing knowledge of health and nutrition or act as an introduction to an exciting new career!
Whether you want to work with professional athletes or members of the general public, this qualification will equip you with the skills and experience needed to create meal plans that cater to different fitness goals and lifestyles.
Course Length: All learning takes place on our award-nominated e-learning platform the “Student Zone”. You can work through this course at your own pace with the average time of completion being 12 weeks.
Entry Requirements: There are no prerequisites for starting our nutrition course but you’ll have to be at least 16 years old to enrol.
Accreditations: Our Level 5 Nutrition course is regulated by Ofqual and awarded by Focus Awards.
Cost: The full price of the course is €1199 which includes everything from unlimited resits, certification, and other administrative costs.
Offer & Payment Options: As with all of our courses, the cost can be spread out for up to 16 months with no interest on repayments.
What You’ll Qualify With: Focus Awards Level 5 Certificate in Nutrition for Weight Management and Athletic Performance.
How You'll Learn
Our nutrition courses are based online and taught entirely via our e-learning platform “Student Zone”. You’ll study using videos, online lectures, and interactive material on this platform, studying at your own pace and around any other existing commitments.
You’ll also receive support 7 days a week from our tutoring team by phone, email, or chatbox in order to help guide you through the material should you ever need help!
How You’ll Be Assessed
Our Level 5 Nutrition Training courses include online exams and coursework assignments. These all take place on our e-learning platform “Student Zone” all of which you can complete at a pace that suits you!
These are the assessments you’ll have to complete for your Level 5 Advanced Sports Nutrition course:
- Submit a case study of work - Pass required
- Complete online nutrition course assignments for both units - Pass required
- Online nutrition exam - 90% Pass rate required
Our experienced team of tutors will be on hand to ensure your assessments are stress-free, providing you with as much support as possible to pass the first time around!
What You’ll learn
A sports nutritionist needs to have a holistic knowledge and understanding of a wide range of nutritional needs as you may be working with a wide variety of professional and amateur athletes from various sporting disciplines and gym goers that have different fitness goals and commitments. With this in mind, OriGym's holistic nutrition course covers all spectrums, update legislation and information for all sporting and fitness goals. You can apply the skills and knowledge gained to all types of clients including, bodybuilders, runners, cyclists, footballers and many more.
Macros and Micros
- Comprehend macro and micronutrients and their physiological functions and sources.
- Understand how the human body expends energy and the components of energy consumption.
- How disease is influenced by diet
- How the needs and requirements of hydration and nutrition changes with age
Understand Nutrition Legislation
- Understand legislative requirements and how to assess food labels against those requirements.
- Outline the legal requirements in relation to health and nutrition claims
Understand the Relationship Between Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Understand and identify how different forms of physical activity and intensity influences energy expenditure.
- Learn how to advise athletes and clients on advance nutritional strategies and enhance their sporting performance.
- Understand both legal and illegal performance enhancing drugs, why they are utilised, the affects and how they relate to health.
- Explain how to estimate energy requirements based on physical activity levels and other relevant factors
- How to write and deliver effective programmes based on fitness goals.
Plus, Specialist Knowledge of:
- Sport and exercise nutrition for athletes
- Nutrition for special populations, including the elderly, children, pregnant women and more.
- Meal Prep and planning
- Obesity prevention in children
- Nutrition for pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Vegetarian and Vegan diets
Careers & Progression
On completion of the Level 5 EQF qualification in nutrition, you'll be able to write tailored plans to a range of clients and athletes. Additionally, you can work with sports teams, supplement companies and a range of both public and private sector organisations. Whichever career route you decide to pursue, OriGym will be here to support you with our post course support programme.
OriGym offers more post course support to our students than any other provider in Ireland. Upon completion of the certification in sports nutrition OriGym will help you secure your ideal job role by firstly helping you with your CV and then distributing to it our list of corporate partners in your location, depending on the avenue you wish to go down.
There a several routes to progression you can explore to supplement your nutrition qualification, including, the personal training diploma, sports massage course and a host of other Level 5 fitness courses qualifications to expand your earning potential and knowledge.
OriGym partners with numerous nutrition and health-based companies from every aspect of the health and fitness sector to provide you with a host of exclusive discounts that you can utilise throughout your career as a nutrition advisor, including on insurance, supplements, nutrition software plus dozens more.
There are no pre-requisite requirements to enrol onto the Level 5 Advanced Sports Nutrition Course. You do have to be at least 16 years old to enrol.
Completing our Level 5 online nutrition course will mean you'll be able to work with individuals designing diet plans and giving a range of nutritional advice. You will be equipped to work with anyone from professional athletes to regular gym-goers as well as specialist populations such as children, the elderly, and people with physical disabilities.
You can work freelance, work as a PT specialising in nutrition with further qualifications, or have your own independent business so you've got some lucrative and exciting options!
Yes - dietician is a legally protected title and as such people who use it need to have a particular kind of advanced degree and be a member of a few different bodies.
Our course will equip you to plan diet plans and give nutritional advice but you won't be able to prescribe this advice in a medical capacity.
Our nutrition course is awarded by Focus Awards and regulated by Ofqual to ensure your qualification and training is of the highest industry standard.
This means all of our qualifications are fully recognised by all potential employers and fitness industry professionals.
The Level 5 Certificate in Advanced Nutrition for Sport & Exercise covers all of the essential knowledge required for students to achieve excellence as a professional sports nutritionist, covering themes including macros and micros, nutrition legislation, the relationship between nutrition, exercise, and health, meal prep and planning, obesity prevention and more.
EXCEPTIONAL COURSE SUPPORT
Our expert tutors are available to help you 7 days a week by phone, email, and chatbox!
When you qualify with OriGym's Level 5 Nutrition course you'll get guaranteed interviews with leading fitness brands
Our tutoring team have helped qualify over 50,000 students to date and are fitness professionals in their own right.
You can spread the cost of our accredited nutrition course with 0% interest payments!
Our payment plans are designed to adapt to your needs so you can focus on enjoying your learning!
Our sports nutrition course starts from €1199 with the option of package deals also available.